ESN Italy is the national network of ESN sections in Italy.
ESN Italy was founded on the 22nd of October 1994 by the 7 oldest sections in Italy (Siena, Parma, Pavia, Politecnico Milano, Trento, Bologna and Genova). ESN Italy is made by more than 50 ESN Sections.
ESN Italy is lead by a National Board which is made of President, Vice President, Treasurer, Event Manager, National Representative, Communication Manager and Project Coordinator. The Board is also supporter by six committees and many board supporters.
Having many sections and Erasmus students allows ESN Italy and it's sections to organize many national events. Currently ESN Italy organizes three big events:
- ICE - Incontro Culturale Erasmus: 4 days in the capital of Italy, Rome, with 2,500 Erasmus students from all over Italy and all the Italian ESN Sections participating.
- EN - Evento Nazionale: the very well known Evento Nazionale is an event which brings together more than 2,000 students on the beaches near an Italian city, usually in the southern part of Italy.
- NEG - National Erasmus Games: up to 1,000 students will be able to participate in national sports competiotions.
Other "national" events during the year are:
- Crazy Countdown: a big party taking place in Milan in order to celebrate the New Year's Eve before everyone go home for winter holidays.
- ESN Carnival in Venice and Padova.
- ESNow: 4 days of skiing in the Alps.
- ESN Spring Break in Naples: a weekend in one of the most culturally rich and diverse Italian cities, visiting museums, surroundings and eating great food.
More info on ESN ITALIA website: www.esnitalia.org